Benefits of ECSA Membership
General membership benefits include access to:
- International conferences, symposia and workshops on advanced estuarine and coastal studies and techniques.
- International networks of scientists, technologists and practitioners.
- Current hot topics and information via the bi-annual ECSA Bulletin, website, e-newsletter, as well as archived materials.
- Applications to the Charles Boyden Fund for travel grants to attend conferences and small research grants to support specific projects.
- Applications for the Peter Jones Memorial Prize for outstanding research publications by early career scientists.
- Awards for the best oral and poster presentations by research students at ECSA’s International Conferences.
- Discounts on the subscription to the journal Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science and other ECSA-related scientific publications (individuals only, not organisations).
- Discounts on registration fees for ECSA-related conferences, local meetings and workshops, where these are advertised.
- Help with student registrations and childcare, where these benefits are advertised.
Students are entitled to a three year membership (from date of joining) for a one-off payment. NB Please note that students must provide some proof of student status.
In addition to the above general benefits (apart from personal awards) institutional members are entitled to send up to five people from their institution to any ECSA-related meeting at a reduced member’s rate (where advertised).
In addition to the above general benefits (apart from personal awards) sponsoring members are entitled to send up to five people from their institution to any ECSA-related meeting at a reduced member’s rate (where advertised). Additionally they are entitled to have a voting representative on ECSA Council. NB This privilege is subject to a maximum of five sponsors on Council at any one time.