You are here
Benefits of ECSA Membership
The Estuarine & Coastal Sciences Association welcomes membership applications from anyone interested in estuarine or coastal marine science, or the application of science for conservation or environmental management.
ECSA is an international association and has members in many regions of the world as you can see on the global map of member locations.
General membership benefits include access to:
- International conferences, symposia and workshops on advanced estuarine and coastal studies and techniques.
- International networks of scientists, technologists and practitioners.
- Current hot topics and information via the website, e-newsletter, as well as archived materials.
- The ECSA Bulletin
- Applications to the Charles Boyden Fund for travel grants to attend conferences and small research grants to support specific projects.
- Applications for the Peter Jones Memorial Prize for outstanding research publications by early career scientists.
- Awards for the best oral and poster presentations by research students at ECSA’s International Conferences.
- Discounts on the subscription to the journal Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science and other ECSA-related scientific publications (individuals only, not organisations).
- Discounts on registration fees for ECSA-related conferences, local meetings and workshops, where these are advertised.
- Help with student registrations and childcare, where these benefits are advertised.
To register as a new member, please visit the page Application Instructions for New Members.
To renew an existing membership, please visit the Membership Renewal page.
Students are entitled to a three year membership (from date of joining) for a one-off payment. NB Please note that students must provide some proof of student status.
In addition to the above general benefits (apart from personal awards) institutional members are entitled to send up to five people from their institution to any ECSA-related meeting at a reduced member’s rate per person, where any such rate is advertised.
In addition to the above general benefits (apart from personal awards) sponsoring members are entitled to send up to five people from their institution to any ECSA-related meeting at a reduced member’s rate per person, where any such rate is advertised. Additionally they are entitled to have a voting representative on ECSA Council. NB This privilege is subject to a maximum of five sponsors on Council at any one time.